View Single Post
Old 11-26-2001, 09:48 PM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Here's the deal: I'm building a multiplayer party of folks to take into BG2, in my neverending quest for the definitive "Team Kickass." This is the party I'm working with in my head:

Dwarven Fighter (Tank)
Paladin (substitute Tank, highest CHA)
Elven Mage/Thief
Thief -> Fighter
Fighter -> Cleric
Druid -> Fighter

This gives me: A Regenerating Tank, a Cavalier, a Fighter/Thief with the Backstab from Hell, both sets of Priest spells, a Mage with a bow (who also keeps my Thieving skills alive while my primary Thief is Dualing), and a Fighter/Cleric and Fighter/Druid with MUCH better hitpoints, THAC0, and weapon stars than a straight class would have.
The problem: I have only half a Mage. And I've heard that Mages end up becoming the most powerful members of the party.

So, I want to drop either the Paladin or the Dwarf, and fill their slot with a Fighter -> Mage. But which one? Do I want my best front-line brawler to be constantly regaining health, or do I want a Cavalier with more Special Abilities and advantages against 'classic' monsters? I need your opinions, as I don't have BG2 yet.

(Of course, there's also the option of building a Dwarven Cleric, and so having 20 CON and a Cavalier, but then I miss my chance of giving him better THAC0, etc. I'm still considering it, though.)