View Single Post
Old 10-29-2001, 11:03 PM   #2
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:

Since I don't have lots of time, my question is this: Do you find that NPC interaction between party members plays a large part in your enjoyment of the game, or does it serve merely as a distraction from questing and the like? I ask this because I have several PC ideas, but cannot play each one individually through the game (a little bit impatient, he he), so playing multi with my own group would be ideal. So do the interactions, such as the romances, the NPC fights, etc., etc. help with the fun factor, or is it largely extraneous?

The interactions are DEFINITELY one of the best things the game has to offer Kaleban. In fact, my next run-throughs of the game, and the fact that I simultaneously play differently configured parties at once (a bit confusing by the way), is mainly because I'm looking forward to different interactions from other NPC's. It's really fun that way, take the time to read the replies and try several replies. My appreciation of the makers of the game is because of how they actually came up with such storylines and hilarious if not fascinating interactions (Hiyaa! The tourists love that.. - Yoshimo)

Don't worry too much about the subquests, they come along. In my perspective, living the Baldur life (and getting to know the people of the land) counts a lot more than hacking and slashing your way to get to childish, if not inutile, quests (e.g. get this item, do this task, kill this fella, etc.). That's also why I don't like Icewind Dale that much (more hack/slash than interactive).

Note: My apologies though to those who actually adore Icewindale, what I said was just an opinion.