View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 05:05 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shagrat The Half Orc:
Why is magic so complicated in this game???
OK there's magic resistance and magic damage resistance, what is the difference!?!?
Is there fire resistance and fire damage resistance also??Cold?? Acid??? GRRR!!!
Can someone give me an overview of all the resistances and what they determine, I would be really appreciative.
Than u have to deal with save vs. and protection spells. Can anyone honestly say they understand the mechanics of this game entirely!!
I have question, the spell "Spell Trap" sucks up spells and adds to your ability. Very often boss monsters who use magic use this spell, u can tell cause its the white wavy orb-like spell. If i cast breach on a high lvl monster, does spell trap actually suck up breach and all protection removal spells that dont include "Spell Trap" in list of spell protections they remove?
Magic Resistance is the percentage chance that the spell casted on you is nullified. This is why Skeleton Warriors rule against Mages and Lichs because they have 95% Magic Resistance( their only weakness is Death Spell and Imprisonment, both which ignores Magic Resistance).

Magic Damage Resistance( MDR) is the percentage reduction in damage dealt to you by Magic Damage based spells such as Magic Missile or Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting. If you have 50% MDR, you reduce damage by 50%.

eg. Magic Missile deals 4 damage to you, 50% MDR means you only receive 2 damage.

Elemental Resistances works the same way as MDR.

Certain spells and attacks have modifiers if you save versus them, simply put, you could nullify an effect or reduce damage if you pass your saving throws.

Spell Traps only absorb offensive spells, your Breaches and such will bypass Spell Traps.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips