Thread: Bad things
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2001, 03:43 PM   #7
StarVid
Elminster

I didn't like that I saw too many inconsistencies in the storyline. They tried to make the game non-linear, but in a way it was. It wasn't designed for evil parties, but at the same time, you could kind of had played any class, but then again, not really.

I've posted on this before, but considering what you learn in the prologue in the prison, you had been adventuring with Khalid, Jah, Minsc, Dyn, and Imoen since BG1. What is this party missing? A cleric. Granted, you didn't -need- one on BG2, but you kinda did for a more well rounded party. The only thing was that Clerics got the shaft in BG1. The spell selection was horrible. All I really ever used was animate dead, silence, hold person, dispel magic, and healing. Meanwhile, the mages had fireballs, acid arrows, invisibility, web, horror, magic missle, friends, and so on and so on. If some of the nice spells that they added in BG2 were in BG1, a cleric would have been a better character to play.

But getting back to the point, I thought that while they tried to be non-linear with the storyline, it ended up being linear in a broken kind of way.