View Single Post
Old 10-08-2001, 01:10 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrion:
I'm thinking of having Airie (wrong spelling) but my PC is a kensai-mage and I was planning to have Anomen in my party as well. Is that bad or can it be good if I have a special combination of NPC's.
I was thinking of:
Me (kensai/mage)
Arie
Anomen
Keldorn
Minsc
Jan (or Imoen)

In my humble opinion Anomen is a waste (of skin, oxygen, pixels, etc.) especially compared to Aerie! Aerie levels up slower, but starts with bonus spells due to her decent Wisdom. Aerie can also put some cleric spells in sequencers! Two "Cure Light Wounds" in a Minor Sequencer can be a great life saver, and later on she can put three larger Cure spells in a Sequencer. Anomen's wisdom is so low he shouldn't have been allowed to dual-class. And that's before you hear him express his noxious little opinions...
You can have a happy party with Jan and Imoen if you get her soon enough... she levels up faster than he does and uses different weapons.

With Jan, Imoen and Aerie you'd have quite a few mages (not that more is ever a problem). You might consider being a Sorceror or Wild Mage if you love mages or a Berserker / Mage if you want the fighter/mage combo. I dunno why but Kensai/Mage never did it for me. I always thought that the ability to wear a shield and helmet were part of why you'd dual or multi-class a mage.

-- Nifft