Thread: am i unwanted?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2001, 10:35 AM   #33
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Calm down, both of you. Amergin, even though it was a joke, you didn't put a smiley so Bob may have misunderstood you. In my experience that is usually the main reason for misunderstood jokes. But you made it worse with this reply...

Quote:
Posted by Amergin:
1. for someone to be commenting on intelligence with the number of misspellings you had is more than ironic. if you could have delayed your kneejerk reaction long enough to see what else ive posted here, you would have found evidence contradictory to any accusations of stupidity or unhelpfulness.

2. "am i unwanted?"... hi, this is a public forum about a computer game yet you want to know if people here like you but their opinions only matter if they have "intellegnce" [sic].

3. i did say the jury was still out; fortunately for them you pled to a lesser charge.

4. i based my judgement on a name; rather superficial, wouldnt you think? but wait, you make snap judgements so therefore you didnt catch the sarcasm.

5. you try to distance yourself from the name you chose but oppositely become offended when i state the personalities ive known that were attached to it. please be more consistent.

...when all you had to do was say you were joking, instead you composed a long, insulting, flamebaiting post, making the situation worse.

Quote:
Posted by Amergin:
in any case, no flame war here as i must now avoid any posts by this person lest i retch from all the sniveling. dont step into the arena unarmed.
Thanks for not flaming any further, but don't act all aggrieved when you started it, mate!

Darth Bob, best not to respond in kind when someone flames you. That shows maturity.

Let's have no more of the primary school playground foolishness, ok, guys? Act with a bit of maturity, eh?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-08-2001).]