View Single Post
Old 10-01-2001, 02:07 PM   #1
Majin Buu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello

I'm new to BG2 ( never played 1 either) and I'm having a few problems with my character.

I've made a Half Orc Kensai, I maxed out his dual wield and put the rest into Katana. I also put my additional prof point from leveling into Katana, figuring its best not to "water down" my character.

His stats are
18/71 str ( what the hecks that all about?)
Dex 18
Const 19

He is currently using two 1+ Katanas.

Here is my problem, I'm running into more and more creatures who are imune to hits from none magical weapons, and I've not yet come accross any magical Katanas. I really didn't want any spoilers, but its getting to the point that theres hole areas where I'm useless... heck most of the party is useless as no one has a magical weapon they are prof with. So a few questions

Slight spoiler request: Who do I have to sleep with to get a pair of magical katanas? heh

Should I simply equip the few magical weapons I have/had over the weapons that me and my party members are prof with, simply because they are magic/better stats?

Currently Minsc is using two +1 Flails, my reasoning on equiping him this way is because of his mace and duel wield profs. Heck Jahiera is using a Crappy club found on the first lvl and a Sheild, reasoning once again is because she prof in Sheild/sword and Club.

Again, is my way of thinking way off here? I could use any help that you guys have to offer, thanks ahead of time.

Also more 1 question or so heh, how does delay ratings work in this game? I assumed a lower number is better, but not certain anymore. Lower the ac the better? This line of thought is much different from EQ, where any and all stat numbers are improved by increasing them.