View Single Post
Old 09-13-2001, 07:40 AM   #14
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahlennacht:
I'm partial to bards myself - wasn't sure what I wanted to play the first time, so I settled on a (regular) bard - ended up really enjoying the class. Sort of a 'general practitioner'. You can cast mage spells (up to level 6 spells, which isn't bad) and assist your primary mage; at the same time, you can eventually be a decent secondary fighter (you have a good selection of weapon proficiencies for a non-fighter - I chose Flail because no other NPC's are really proficient in flail); bards are excellent pickpockets (if you don't have an ethical problem with that); and they are pretty much able to identify ANY unknown item after around, what, level 10 or so - one thing a fighter/mage/thief can't do...although the importance of being able to ID items so readily is debatable, it sure is a nice luxury - frees up your spell memorization slots for more attack spells.

*speaking of which, hope you were able to get those mage spells working*
I agree. I like Bards myself. I prefer the Skald kit - I don't generally bother with pickpocket, so lower skill level there doesn't bother me, and the Skald song is pretty useful! All the Bard kits are very good, though.
Useful tip about the flail - I like to have one of my team able to use it, but never given it to my bards.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 09-13-2001).]