Thread: Red Dragon
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2001, 05:35 PM   #4
Starkiller
The Magister

If Fisherman is just playing through the game and has gotten this quest, I REALLY doubt he has Meteor Shower...but in any case that tactic is indeed a bit cheesy. There's really nothing wrong with it, but a general rule I have is that if you are not powerful enough to fairly defeat an encounter, then you are not yet at the point where you should be recieving that much xp. I would suggest this as a strategy. Since you dont sound like you are equipped with terribly powerful weapons I say equip one character with all the "dragon" items, (sword, shield, helmet...), like minsk or someone. now, if you have a cleric, memorize the spell "magic resistance", it is 3rd-5th level, I don't remember, and if your mage has 5th or 6th level spells available memorize as many "lower resistance" spells as possible. Also memorize at least one monster summoning spell. Now, send your summoned monster, priest, and one other character who you dont need to much for this battle up to the dragon, and put the priest behind him. Cast the magic resistance spell. When you are almost done with it, initiate dialouge with the other character adn say you are attacking Firkraag. Have everyone else well back. As soon as the cleric finishes casting have him run away, and attack with the monster and the other character right away. Once Firkraag uses his wing buffet to toss the pair away, send your dragon item equipped character charging in with whatever protection spells on him you can muster, and cast a "lower resistance" spell with your mage. He should now have about 0 magic resistance. You can take it from here. Cast spells, and run around healing and fighting, it will be hard, but I am sure you can manage

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"