View Single Post
Old 08-15-2001, 05:19 PM   #5
deathknight
Drow Warrior

The number of disks that make up the expansion is really not a proper judge of the contents I don't believe. Alot of full games come on 1 disk. The # of hours of gameplay in this expansion outnumbers many of the full games currently for sale. Also as someone else mentioned there was always intented to be a BG III but ToB is now the end of what was to be the baldur's gate trilogy. Realistically though I bet BG II would have been less of a product if they could not cash in on the expansion. I cannot think of a single game ever that was bigger than BG II. I'm sorry but saying to squeeze more than the already massive 100+ hours of gaming thats in BG II is pretty nutty!
I would have to say Bioware is the most honerable company in the gaming biz so I could not believe they are "milking" us. Sure they are in busines to make money but there are very few companies that spend as much time and money making sure they release a fully polished and bug free product that bioware does. I believe every product they release they raise the bar for quality. Most companies patch their games and save money by releasing them early. I would rather pay full price for an expansion as a thankyou than pay full price for a buggy game from another company.