View Single Post
Old 05-21-2001, 08:25 PM   #53
Lord Shield

I'm afraid things will get shakey now.
The bar rumbles. Patrons grab their beers to stop them spilling. Tiddles looks up. The leaves rustle in the trees/plants. Tancred and the Wolfwere come to a .momentary halt. The bartender is standing still, his eyes and palms glowing.
Instinctively you know it is he holding the bar together. Eventually it stops
Gamora, Sil and Jaheira light the bar. Outside the windows is pure blackness. The bartender looks different now. He resembles a black-cloaked wraith with glowing white eyes, a blue katana in one hand, a hammer with a golden shaft in the other. A raven is perched on his shoulder and a cat by his left foot.
"YOU SHOULD BE SAFE IN HERE! IF YOU DO STEP OUTSIDE, BEWARE!!! THE PLANE OF SHADOWS WAS MY OLD REALM AND LIGHT WILL NOT WORK HERE - THERE IS A WAR OUTSIDE THIS BAR WHICH I SHALL STOP" and he leaves through the front door
ok guys, here is the situation if you step outside:
There is a war with 3 armies. Shield's darklings (made of darkness) led by Eclipse. They will attempt to protect any of you who get in trouble out there. General Talon's undead will leave you alone unless attacked. They are not the enemy either
The problem is Alphaks, long time would-be-arch-enemy of Lord Shield. His armies are spectres led by Druj Hand spirits led by liches. There are also the usual run of demons in his army
All light (magical or otherwise) will NOT function outside the bar - this includes the illumination of energy effects too
As it stands, Talon's undead are fighting Alphak's undead. The Darklings are hammering the demons. Lord Shield is off to JUDGE Alphaks - have fun!
P.S - I shall control the darklings and NPCs. And don't forget Tancred and the Wolfwere

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp