Thread: Own game
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2001, 05:24 PM   #155
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Ah, you've got quite the thing hoing on here. You are probably done with the background, but I'll tell you my idea anyway.

The Halfworld is the "center

of the universe", so to speak, and the world where we live, Earth, is just one world of many connected to the halfworld via this "stargate". There are, of course, other worlds. One where the Elves live, another where the Dwarfes originited from, another for the Orcs and so on. And here, in the Halfworld, is where all the fantasygames takes place. It has a blend of all these different races, where they have learned to live in symbiosis with each other and, in some cases, not.

This way it doesn't matter if you put the beginning in our time or the midievel, because the other races isn't from our world. "But how about the languages?", you say. Well, put it the other way around. In the beginning we all lived in the halfworld, but for some reason, (maybe because the Upholder arised and brought chaos and mayhem with him) people fled from the so paradisic world, to different worlds out there. The humans came to Earth.

Just a thought. i started reading this thread last night, so I haven't really thought it all out...yet. But I'm working on it. =)

Anyway, I'm glad if I can be of some help.