View Single Post
Old 04-28-2001, 07:31 PM   #31
Epona
Zartan

Wow! I'm hanging on to the Flame Tongue then, I assumed it was +1 to hit, as I haven't got the updated descriptions - previously I have just sold it not realising it was so good.

As far as weapons go, I'm not really a powergamer, so don't tend to set out thinking I have to be able to use the best weapon in the game. I also think there are way more magic items than you would get in a PnP game, where magic items would usually be rare - a real DM can tailor his rare magic items so that they can be of use to the party which doesn't happen on the PC - hence one reason for a proliferation of magic items, so at least your party will be able to use some of them ( - also to attract people who may not be PnP purists who may prefer to powergame rather than roleplay).

So I tend to prefer items you can get early on, such as the Cleric Staff +3, Flail of Ages, Arbanes Short Sword, Lilarcor, Frostreaver, Elven Court Longbow, Tansherons Bow, Tuigian Bow, etc etc.

All stuff that is good, but not IMHO overdone. As far as I am concerned, Crom Faeyr is WAY too powerful and I don't use it often, I prefer a bit of a challenge That way I also get to keep the belt & gauntlets separate giving more all round party balance - which I prefer rather than have one super-powerful character.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.