View Single Post
Old 04-04-2001, 05:57 PM   #32
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
F, I agree with you.

Tell you what, I think the companies that produce computer games should stop thinking up 'games for girls/women' and realise that many women like similar games to men. I am sure that more women buy what are considered 'mens' games than the market researchers estimate...
I don't appreciate games which are badly thought out, patronising, and based on an assumption of what women would like. I like to see games with interesting and varied gameplay, well thought out plots, not too simple or easy - something a bit challenging. In other words, exactly the same as male strategy/RPG gamers look for! BGII meets all of these criteria, and IMHO I would not 'give it less marks' because there was only one romance for female PCs - but neither do I appreciate being considered a second class gamer because I have a pair of (censored) and no (censored).
YES!! Female gamers want all the things men want in a game! BUT we would also like to see BALANCE & EQUALITY! OK, BG makes no difference regarding abilities and all that stuff, but NOT in Romance opportunities! Granted it is a VERY minor point in the overall gameplay, but I DO hope it is addressed in the next episode! I am currently having fun with with a male Bard Leader and his Romances, but..... sigh. Ah, well, one just has to make do, lol!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale