View Single Post
Old 03-16-2001, 01:55 AM   #17
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

Don't know about all this two handed/dual weapons talk but...I look so damm studly packing two Katanas, or longswords. Kinda sold it for my main character right their. On my other characters I switch between 2-handers, 2 weapons, and weapon and shield. Just depends on the situation. right now Minsc (prolly inspired by the drow) is packing Crom Faeyr and the Flail of Ages(were is a golem when you want one!)

Which is better depends on how well trained you are and level. Duel weilding has some big THACO penialities, and you really need all three slots in dual weilding to work them off. That is just to get your THAC0 back to normal. Wile two slots in the 2-hander gives you better crits and faster swing time. So I would say that at lower levels the advantage is to the 2-hander.

Dual weilding gives you an extra attack, and Katanas do almost as much damage as a two-hander, so at mid to higher levels (where BGII takes place) I'm sure two weapons are better than one biggen'. I go with dual weilding as the most powerfull, though slightly.

In RL I've practiced sword fighting, and am kinda good. I fight with two 32" swords (wooden not real), and have little trouble whooping two-handers ass, even people useing Japanese Samuri styles. Simply put, two blades are better than one.

Just ask the drow.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--