View Single Post
Old 03-12-2001, 10:10 AM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

I finished the Umar Hills quest and in the process made a near fatal mistake: I swapped Korgan for Valleygirl. Yeah, I know, HE(?) spells his name differently but I believe this spelling is more to the point. I was so used to that evil little axe wielder (well armoured and swinging Stonefire) taking care of business that with Valleygirl in the lineup I had to reload a half dozen times. As soon as I get back to Athkalta, I'm heading straight to the Copper Coronet, sobering the vicious little dwarf up and sending the girlie-man on his way (if I don't kill him for the Coweled Wizards - sucks being inclined toward good...).

Now that I've vented, there are some issues/spoilers I want settled from this part. Was it me or a bug? I never found the third circlet piece but was still able to get the symbol of Amaunator by answering the worship questions. I thought I needed all three for something. Also, what was that statue with the cool sling waiting for me to put in its arms? Finally, I found one bit of someone's (I forget the name) journal that alluded to something in a column of stone surrounded by a "copse of trees" somewhere to the south of something. What's up with this? Is it important (EXP-wise)?

Just out of curiosity, in terms of experience points, why is picking a lock (1750) worth more than killing a troll? Did anyone else find the Shadow Lord a lot easier to deal with than those damned liches? Who took on the Shadow Dragon and won (without cheating) and how'd you do it?

------------------
Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...