View Single Post
Old 02-24-2001, 11:21 AM   #38
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Awwwww you guys are too much.

I'm working on putting up a website when I get back.

Ok, now here's the deal with the music.

ILIAD (the CD Moiraine sent Cloudy) was released through Polydor/Polygram (now Universal) back in 1992/93. A 'dispute' between the label Emerald City and Polygram meant that.. well it's a long story but needless to say it's rare to find copies anymore. Thus I have no problems with people copying it because unless I negotiate a liscencing deal with another company (that gives Polydor a cut) it won't get heard.

Vertigo, an Australian band I was in that went top 40 here, mainly in Victoria, Węst Oz and South Oz, had two singles and an unreleased album through Gotham/BMG. You could probably get copies by contacting BMG Australia as they are still in the charts (under the name Invertigo with a different vocalist).

Groove Sound and some of the newer stuff on MP3 I've recorded myself and own the rights to them so I'm happy for people to file share the MP3s etc because I just want people to hear and enjoy the music. I'd prefer to make no money and have heaps of people enjoying the music than make heaps to few ears.

Instrumental is from an album I produced/arranged/played for Kathryn Prior who has a website where you can purchase her music. I'm not sure how to post a link but I'll find it and let you know. There are a few albums I produced for others in this situation.

Re. The new songs, the option I do have is mastering all the new songs and doing a run of say 1000 copies. This would cost a couple of Gs for me though so I'm happy for you guys to have CD burns if you are.

In the interim I'm looking around for a new manager/publisher/distributor at the moment as I'm now contractually free.

As you can see it's all very complex, hence the avoidance of response.
But now you know.

(Whew)