View Single Post
Old 02-19-2001, 02:10 AM   #7
turbovee
Elminster

ok here it goes

When I signed off this afternoon I took the wife out to do some ahopping and I asked her to if I could stop by the Acura dealer to look at a car. We were planning on buying a new car sometime in the future. So we stop in and of course we were assaulted by three different salesmen. One of the salesmen gives me the keys to a new CL type S and I take it for a spin, needles to say I loved the car. I kept my outward interest to a minimum and kept telling the salesman that I had just come in to look and needed to sell a couple of my VWs before I decided to buy a car. Well this guy must have been desperate to sell me a car because no matter how many times I said no he kept asking me what it would take. It got so bad I was going to leave and he says "what kind of payments are you seriously looking at?" After some number crunching and giving me more on wife's car and my VW that I wanted to unload I am the proud owner of a new Acura CL type S. I'm not saying that I got one over on the salesman, cause you never get one over, but I was so surprised by the outcome that it was just too good to be true. I've been buying and selling cars for 12 years and I couldn't believe I came home with a new car today and on my terms. It was just too cool.