View Single Post
Old 01-19-2001, 04:57 PM   #18
Magness
Quintesson

The Staff of the Magi is a +1 Thac0 weapon with a +5 enchantment level.

The Flail of Ages is a great weapon, particularly for its ability to slow characters it hits. The first time I played thru BG2, I used the FoA to slow an enemy, then let my weaker chars finish off the slowed enemy while my PC moved on to another enemy in need of slowing. Great for dealing with trolls as well.

I gave Azuredge to Minsc when I went into Fiirkraag's dungeon. My undead hunter blowed the doorway where the little army of undead was hiding while Minsc fired away with Azuredge. I can verify that he was definitely nuking some undead, since I had him aiming at the back of their mob, while Magness the Undead Hunter was busy with the undead that were in his face.

The Celestial Fury is another weapon that is attainable early in the game. It may be easier to obtain than the Holy Avenger.

Memnoch is correct about the Boomerang Dagger and the Firetooth Dagger. They are 2d4+2 and 2d4+3 weapons. Quite potent. I'd have been happy for 1d4+2 or +3 magic throwing daggers, since I like ranged weapons that don't require ammunition. It's a pain dragging around piles of arrow, bolts, or bullets.