Thread: music
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2001, 11:20 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I'm here Moiraine.
I listen to a wide variety of contempory music, with the odd Django Reinhardt or Handel thrown in.
My CD collection includes Irish music from U2, Clannad, Hothouse Flowers, Triona, Afro-Celt, Ash, The Cranberries, The Corrs Enya and Loreena McKennit (she's a Canadian Celt);
Scottish Music from Travis, Gun, Del Amitri, Simple Minds;
English music from Radiohead, The Verve, Olive, Brian Eno, The Smiths, Lloyd Cole, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Tears for Fears, Roger Waters, The Sundays, Delerious, Tina Cousins, New Order, Beth Orton, Billie Piper, Shakespears Sister, The Beatles and Sting.
I've got Robert Miles, Chicane, Enigma, Delerium, Appollo 440, Deep Forest, Death in Vegas, Massive Attack etc in electronic music.
I've got Jeff Buckley, Owsley, Crash Test Dummies (see ladyzekke!), Matchbox 20, Donna Lewis, Tom Petty, Wille Nelson, Bruce Hornsby, Tal Bachman, Filter, Nine-Inch-Nails, Tony Rich, Prince, TLC, Barry White, Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, DC Talk, The Neville Bros, NSync, Counting Crows, Sheryl Crow, Steve Miller, Sarah Mason, Natalie Merchant, David Baerwald, Talking Heads, Bruce Cockburn, Jewel, Duncan Sheik, Elvis, Wang Chung, Quindon, Sarah McLachlan Billy Holiday, Tori Amos, Susan Vega, Joan Osbourne, Macy Gray and Christine Aguilera from the U.S. and Canada.
I've got Manu Dobango and Passion: Sources from africa, Libido and Ah-ha from Norway, Ace of Base and the 'stone me into the groove' band from Sweden. 'J' from Germany Jean Michel Jarre from France, Bjork from Iceland, Finn (Brothers), Niel Finn (solo), Bic Runga, and Dragon from New Zealand (Enigma is allegedly Romanian but I've already mentioned him.)
Finally from Australia the collection includes The Cruel Sea, Icehouse, Paul Colman Trio, Crowded House, Jack Frost, The Church, Stephen Cummings, Threedom, Merril Bainbridge, Bachelor Girl, Shihad, Mixed Relations, Gondwanaland Project, Presto, Receiver, Ana Christenson, Tina Arena, You am I, Vertigo and Hugh Wilson.

To name a few.