View Single Post
Old 01-11-2001, 04:28 PM   #5
Verminaard

Yes i agree the Kensai/Mage combo is a very powerful combo in BG2. i just bought the game and though i'm not too familiar with the BG world i have done alot of other ADnD(and pretty much know the Player's guide, DM books ect ect inside out).

In the long run, in my experience, no class under ADnD rules can be as powerful as a
(non-specialize) Mage. you can say a mage will suck at lower levels and that's very true, but if you're talking about high level characters nothing out-classes a mage, especially one with access to level 9 spells.

the argument of silence 15' rad doesn't really hold cuz a vocalize spell allows a mage to cast without the use of words, a mage also can be protected(and be virtually immune) from both physical and magical damage using defensive spells. and if a mage has access to lvl 9 spell time stop, they basically have 10 free rounds to unload a tonne of whoop-ass on any character before they can even unsheath a sword.

If there ever was a dual between a high level Mage vs any other class, hands down the Mage will win.

Verminaard