View Single Post
Old 01-11-2001, 06:20 PM   #16
Saithana

Yeah, I was expecting someone to comment on the 8 characters. I meant that I had all those, but only 6 at a time. Pity, though - at 800 x 600 you have room on screen for the other two...

The short bow you mention is the Tuigan Bow, I think. It is awesome - Yoshimo used it through the entire game (well, up until I "replaced" him with Imoen). There's also another bow that doesn't need ammo (as well as the Gesen Bow).

WRT bows and crossbows, there are plenty good ones, some found, some for sale.

The only character I had problem equipping was Jaheira. There are stuff all magical scimitars (two from the Rackshasa quest). I eventually settled on the +4 Staff - making her the golem-whacker along with Aerie and the +5 sling. Do you know how long it takes to kill an Iron Golem with only a +5 sling?

BTW I have yet to send my back three characters into combat, so the magical short-swords and daggers and the like haven't been useful. Jan has a Xbow, Yoshimo/Imoen has a Short Bow, Aerie has a sling.

Cheers
Craig

P.S. Thieves and Bards can use Bows and Xbows, despite what some books say, but they can only use light xbows and short bows.