View Single Post
Old 01-06-2001, 11:07 AM   #12
Ramon

Hi Memnoch,

I agree with you that people on this board are not always as careful about spoiling as they should be. I, myself, have only begun to
post recently and tink, that I have been quite careful so far. Avoiding spoilers is a way of being considerate, thinking of what others might want or rather not want, but it sure is no excuse for anybody else to stop thinking themselves and putting a minimum of effort into trying to avoid to be spoilt if that matters to them. Otherwise one could hardly dare to post anymore, since almost anything can be a possible spoiler for someone out there. And putting a spoiler warning at the start of every post would just have an inflationary effect that would render the warnings useless pretty soon. That was the point of my reply to Bocaj, since this thread just seemed like about the least adequate place for a complaint about spoilers to me.

To me, the best way to avoid spoiling is labelling the threads properly in such a way
that it is easy to determine to which sections/aspects of the game they are related. Just like this one. Apart from that spoilers should be reserved to posts or parts of posts that for some reason depart from the main topic of the thread.

By the way, flaming as a reaction to spoiling
would just quickly destroy what most members agree is the most valuable asset of this board: the very friendly atmosphere.

Well, somehow I seem unable to do short posts.

So long,

Ramon