View Single Post
Old 01-06-2001, 11:12 AM   #27
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hello again, Moraine! I live in the state of Virginia in the United States. I work for a patent and trademark law office near Washington, D.C., been there 12 years! We handle patents from all over the world, although our main client is located in The Netherlands (over 200 inventions all in the farming industry!). I know what it is like to work with all males and you're the only female. When I was 18 I worked as a secretary at a construction site! The workers would hoot and holler at me when I drove into work in the morning. Finally one day I got fed up and flipped them the bird and surprisingly they stopped! Go Figure! Once again, I would like to suggest to everyone to try reading C.S. Friedman. She does not have a lot of books (only 7 or 8 I think) but well worth it. Only three are a series, called "The Coldfire" series (highly addictive fantasy). I would also suggest trying In Conquest Born. It is science fiction orientated, and written in the 80's with a horrible cover, but you won't be able to put it down once you get into it. Then there is "This Alien Shore", also science fiction and VERY complicated in that it goes into detailed descriptions of high tech futuristic computer hacking. Kinda funny, in her vision of the future everyone has "brainware" and can access the internet with their brains! And for all you guys out there, even though she is a female writer, you would never know it. These books are no love stories, believe me. I still have yet to read an author that tops her books, including our beloved Jordan and Goodkind. I will keep everyone's other suggestions in mind as well for when I finish the Jordan series. Always looking out for good authors. I am a bit like you Moraine, in that I read so many books it is akin to chewing them up and spitting them out! Oh yes, so sorry to hear about your salami sandwich Armisael, big hug, pats on the back, cooing noises saying everything will be OK! Look on the bright side, you still had half a beer left eh?