View Single Post
Old 12-22-2000, 09:41 PM   #2
Saithana

Reasonably early on you find two really good axes, so I gave Minsc 2 Weapon Style and Axe. He comes with Mace. I gave him Flail so he could wield the Flail of Ages (since my Cleric didn't have enough Str).

Eventually my Cleric will have the Crom Faer hammer and the Shield of the Lost or the Shield of Reflection.

Minsc will have the Flail of Ages, the two cool Axes (Stonefire and Azure-edge from meory), the Mace of Disruption and another Mace +3 (extra damage against humanoids, I think I picked it up in the underdark).

Jaheira has the Staff of Rhynn (a +4 staff you can buy from the Adventurer's mart very early on - for a long time it was the only weapon I had to hit golems!), the Club + 3 Black Blood and the Dragon Scale Shield.

Jan has a +4 dagger I got of a drow priestess. Aerie and Imoen both have Cleric Staves +3. None of these three ever hit anything in melee however - they all have missile weapons. I hit the minus key to select them then click on a monster, and said monster dies under a barrage of arrows. Both Jan and Imoen have bows of speed and Aeire has the +5 sling that requires no ammo, so in the space of a round, eight missiles hit the target (along with acid, lightning, fire, whatever from the arrows).

Interestingly, not a single one of my party has proficiency in long sword!