Thread: Bloody liches
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2000, 07:28 AM   #5
Kwakkie

This is indeed a hard battle, but not undoable. I did in at the end of chapter 3, with my chars at level 11 or 12. Here's what I did: after trying 4 times, I decided to use another tactic. First rule: lich and sorceress are for last. I started hitting on the beholder with my entire party, except with my one char (I'm a ill/thief like jan). Cause I'm wearing the amulet of power, casted stoneskin and attacked the vampire with my quarterstaff +4. The beholder died pretty fast, so I directed my party to help me with the vampire. While valygar kicked the assassins but pretty easy (what is this guy even doing in there) the timestops began, but I just didn't care about them. After killing the vampire, all that was left where the sorceress and the lich (2 of my team died here: jaheira and edwin, and valygar got mazed). So Minsc, Korgan and I killed the sorceress, whom was out of spells and only had some protection left, but couldn't do anything anymore. Lich held Minsc just as sorceress got killed, so I had Korgan hack the lich with an ordinary axe (those darn protections). Here I got lucky, he casted his last spells (summoning) in a stinking cloud area, so they got killed right away. He didn't have any spells left and just acted silly the whole time korgan kicked his ass. By that time, valygar returned and helped korgan with the job.

One thing I learned from all this: the maze spell can be a great advantage. It's the second time an enemy wizard mazed on of my chars, then got into mass destruction (fireball, stinking cloud, ...) and ran out of spells. He then is easy to kill when your mazed char that returns at that time...