View Single Post
Old 12-20-2000, 11:25 AM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Bards are great! They can use LONGBOWS for a start, plus Halberds, bastard swords and chainmail, so they fight better than thieves. As a second mage they're not much worse than a multi classed mage (as a PC they should have 18 intelligence for a start). Their Identification ability frees up Mage #1's 1st lvl spells, and pickpocketing is actually very useful. (In the docks you can sell stolen items!!!!)

In fighting Bhaal use summoning spells and act like a magic user or thief would. These two classes are able to beat Bhaal, so a Bard should.

A useful item if you can buy it is the rod of resurrection. It totally heals you even if you're down in health but still alive. Try it. Quick and easy. Great for fighting Dragons, Bhaal etc.

Also Bards can make great leaders. Doesn't the leaders' Charisma affect party morale? Normally a good Bard should have at least 18 chsma, plus 18 dex and 18 intel.

I loved them and found only the Monk more enjoyable.

Also I hope your husband realises what a rare and precious thing it is for you two to play together. I had a hard time convincing my (ex)wife to let me play BG1 alone let alone having her share the enjoyment. I read a thread a while back that listed the various posts of couples that played together and it made me cry.

I'd better stop.....damned reality.