View Single Post
Old 01-03-2002, 10:20 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah, Memnoch, that's pretty much what happened--when I brought the characters over, their Race, Gender, and picture were correct, but I had to re-select everything from Class (and Kit) on down--meaning their die rolls were 'forgotten,' and I had to roll them again. Sorry, I'm not gonna sit through that a SECOND time. I just talked to 2 other people who've brought characters from BG1 into BG2, and THEY said that happens every time, because the characters are created using "different dice rules." Meanwhile, every other BG2 info source I've seen says that all my stats will carry over exactly the same, even if they're over 18. Who's right?

The Inventory pictures aren't really all that bad, it's just that they're a lot worse than the paper dolls used in BG1. Why didn't they just keep them? These new ones look like they were tossed in the washing machine, left in a pile on the floor to dry, and put on again without being ironed. Everybody's skinny and the armor looks dumb. At least it's only in the Inventory screen....

Darn.....no Temple of Tymora, huh? Poopie. Maybe a nice posh gambling hall would be a good place to go to Dual him, then. I bet Lady Tymora's used to hearing LOTS of earnest prayers to her from THAT sort of locale.

For you technical folks, I'm running Windows ME on a Duron 700. I doubt that's causing anything--I think it's the game. My friend went back to Malaysia this summer and while he was there, bought some games. Cheap, and therefore almost certainly pirated. The discs look legit, but they came in little plastic sleeves, without box or manual. The game itself seems to PLAY fine, it's just the Character Creation that's screwed up. (My guys also start out with 89,000 EXP, even though I have ToSC installed.)

One more BG2 question: The Thief's Stealth is broken up into HiS and MS, while the Ranger's is not. So my Archer has 78% Stealth....what does that equate to, in Hide in Shadows / Move Silently terms?