View Single Post
Old 10-13-2000, 01:27 PM   #6
TDZHON

Nalia and Imoen are the best. They both have thief abilities to compliment their mage abilities. Ariel is nice for the beginning, but she will never get 9th level spells in this game, and it would be almost impossible for her to even get 8th level spells. I am going to ditch her now that I rescued Nalia. As a cleric, the f/c combo of Anemoen (the dude in the Copper bar) is a better addition to the party. He specialized in sling, so he can sit at the back with his 100 hps and either support with the sling or cast healing spells. He is all you need in your cleric dept. The drow chick is actually a "better" cleric with her 18 wis vs his 12, but she has 35 hps less and the bonus 1 - 4 spells she gets isn't as important as his high HPs and superior combat ability. Plus he comes in at a higher level when you meet him and fit him with the guants of Dex you find fairly early, and he makes for some nice support.

Imoen is the best Mage for the party since her thief abilities make it so you no longer need a separate thief, but until I get her back I am keeping the bounty hunter dude - he's 15th level already and I am still in chapter 3!!!!

The optimum party would be your char as a pure half-orc fighter, Minc with girdle of hill giant str, the Stalker Ranger dude with the guants of ogre power (or the paladin guy), Imoen and Nalia as a devistating thief/mage dual class combo that whould reach lvl 17 to 19 in the game (I can smell those dual timestops already), and Anemoen as a cleric that will go to 18th to 20th level (holy word, gate, etc) and have enough HPs to stay alive in the rear supporting with nasty sling damage.

The multi-class combos just can't reach the high levels as fast, and you won't get to use the cool spells. IMO, multi-class is only good at low levels.