View Single Post
Old 11-01-2000, 11:02 PM   #1
malus

I've noticed on the message board that there seems to be 2 side quests per female romantic interest.
For example, Jaheira has the "Curse of Ployer" and "Harpers - to Be or Not to Be" side quests.
Someone else mentioned a sidequest for Aerie involving tracking down the slavers who originally captured her. There is also the possibility of fighting the duel with Haer'Dalis to win her hand as well (but I don't consider that a true second special event, as it is highly dependant on taking Haer'D into the group).

I haven't heard anyone mention anything about our favorite evil Drow Cleric/Babe.
In my current game, I took on Viconia as a love interest with a LE human male kensai, dual classed to wizard.
I've ran into 2 special events for her so far.
The first one was fighting off an assault from minions of Lolth in the Underdark (a Yochlol and a female Drow priestess). There was plenty of warning from Viconia about this, as from time to time she would mention that she felt that a "dark, evil presence" (Lolth) was actively searching for her. Defeating these minions of Lolth was fairly easy, but Viconia will mention her concern that she will be continually hunted by Lolth until she is dead or captured.
After a while, Viconia forcibly breaks off the relationship after leaving the Underdark no matter what your PC says to her (and this was even after the PC sticks up for her to the Elven wargroup). Relationship over? Not a chance.
The second special event also seems scripted to occur no matter what. When I entered the graveyard district to confront Bodhi and recover a certain item, Viconia is kidnapped by Bodhi with no chance for the PC to do anything about it (ala a cutscene). When I finally was able to confront Bodhi in her lair, Viconia is with her as a partially turned vampire under Bodhi's mental domination. The PC is forced into killing her in self-defense. However, this spawned a whole mini-quest involving finding a way to remove the taint of Vampirism and bringing her back from the dead (no, a raise dead spell is not how this is done). After successfully completing this task, it would seem that Viconia reconsiders her decision to break up, and the relationship is back on again. WooHoo!

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded post, but I haven't played any game yet trying to do a long-haul relationship with Aerie or Jaheira, so I was curious as to which special events happen with both of them.

Malus