Thread: Standard gear
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 06:57 PM   #6
sultan

the bottom three slots (out of the 8), i put cure paralysis powders, smelling salts, and res powders. it takes a while to get 5 of each for everyone, and there are exceptions (eg a bishop wont need cure paralysis, as they get the spell, or any spell caster that has res spell wont have res powders, and a bard needs those slots for other things), but i find you never know who is going to get knocked down, out, or frozen, so it's good if everyone has the flexibility. although, after initially stocking i must admit i never go through too many.

i also like 5 restorations in each character's first slot, superman's and eye-for-an-eye's on the melee'rs, and guardian angel's and granite potion's on the spell casters.

and for anyone with a slot or two left (particularly monks and spell casters), i like to carry extra bombs - death bomb, ice bomb, fire bomb, and canned elementals. generally i'll keep extras in the party inventory and swap them out for the different areas (eg ice bombs are nice in rapax castle).