View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 10:19 AM   #4
crimsonjoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

2. Can someone recommend a party that is challenging but not impossible (practically speaking - I don't have a free month-on-end to do solo spell-less bishop for example) at all stages of the game at normal difficulty?

---> How about an all melee party? Four warriors... should be easy in the early part of the game, but how will it work at the end?

3. I've found the gimmicky classes not too great (bard and gadgeteer) - is there something that makes them indispensable in anyone's opinion?

---> I disagree here. I ran a gadgeteer in my party, and he quickly was indispensible to me. Picked up the bard NPC for a short while as well.

The bard is probably the only class I'd recommend giving the Bloodlust sword to. It's a nice weapon, but you can't use a ranged weapon while wielding it. And the bard's musical instruments are very potent.

The gadgeteer's items aren't as nice in combat as the bard (IMHO), but they are better outside of combat (nice not to have to waste spell points for Armorplate). The Omnigun is a great weapon, and the gadgeteer also handled lockpicks and traps. Plus one other advantage- the gadgeteer was able to make double and triple crossbows, which I found to be incredible powerful in the hands of my ranger and warrior.

Just my $0.11