View Single Post
Old 03-05-2002, 02:34 AM   #6
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Sylvain:
A thorough answer !. Thanks you very much !. But now, how did you find out about all this ?. By testing or is there some "reading" somewhere that could help ?. Also, can the mixing blow up like in Might & Magic ?.

I found part of it out by experimentation. Then I went looking for the recipes rather than waste hours doing something someone else already did. As a programmer, I believe in not reinventing the wheel. Of course as a gamer, I want to do as much as I can on my own. But in this instance I thought the time saved was worth it because it gave me more time to explore.

No, the merging never blows up in your face (in a certain NPC's face, yes, but not yours. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Another benefit is that mixing the potions actually increases your Alchemy skill. And casting identify afterwards raises your Mental skill. For the most benefit to your skill level, merge one potion to one potion. You get more experience mixing potions one at a time than several at once.

BTW, a lot of these hints can be found in the sticky topic at the top of the page. Not the walkthrough one -- the Hints one. The list I quote above is also posted there.

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Jem ]