View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 10:28 AM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Yes, that was a bit of a Gauda there, but in the other mass battles(DS9 is full of them) Sisko won by his own brilliance, as long as the enemy wasn't near the wormhole(the Prophets only hepled twice out of some dozen battles). Imagine how cool a fight would look like with Voyager, Enterprise 1701-E and Defiant pounding on some Dominion fleet/Borg ship/whatever(no Prophets/Voyager future technology and other uber-munchkin cheese gadgets)!
They did have the Defiant, and the Enterprise (was it E or F at that point?) (as well as Admiral Janeway's ship) fighting off the Borg in First Contact, quite impressive, although the Defiant was downplayed, and I was rather annoyed that they let it get trashed.

I still look back at the Pickard manuever and smile (warp jumping in the middle of a battle for a split second to create a "ghost" ship long enough to blow up your enemy.

oh, slightly off topic, but season 1 of the Original series will be released on DVD at the end of August, and seasons 2 and 3 by X-mas, so if you want to see where Trek came from, get them (or rent them and spend a few days devouring them). (or you could watch the movies, Wrath of Khan is undeniably the best, with 3, and 4 Search for Spock, and Journey Home respectively being the next best ones)