View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 05:52 PM   #17
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yep, 8800 runs BG and BG2 fine. But don't expect a res of 1920x1200 in which my monitor and video card run [img]smile.gif[/img]

The 8800 runs everything I throw at it so far--Thief series, and many older games as well.

I ran Prey maxxed out, and it was so fluid, I was getting motion sick!!!

Zebodog--I know what you are talking about, but the actual design specs and coupled with the OS, it SHOULD play most games.

But, remember those old Memory manager games like Ultima 7 and Eye of the Beholder 3? I can't play those, not because the video card won't run it, but the OS enviroment won't. You can maybe set up to DOS boot with changes to your autoexec and config.sys for emm386, but daaaammn.. I haven't even wanted to bother with that.

I do plan on building a DOS system with Windows for Workgroups (HAAAHHA) .. Set it up like I did back in the early 90's and play some of those old games. (MOO2 was fun!!) And a few goldbox games.

I sold a bunch of Console stuff, and a few PC cards and with that, plus some gift cards I hadn't used since Oct, I bought this beast. I love it, but the shitty thing is, to run DX10 games, you gotta run vista. I won't be doing that for about a year, since no games I want are going to run in DX10---Unless Bioshock does... then... damn... hard choice.

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote