View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 10:46 PM   #1
ScottG
Drow Warrior

The requirements seem pretty straight forward in the manual, but I've a few questions that don't seem to be answered in the manual:

1. Will the character suffer the same experience point penalty when changing to these new classes? If so thats pretty rank considering that all of the new classes (except the pointless Harper class) require at best 6 levels in another class.

2. What is the chance of paralyzation in an Assassin's Death attack per level? If its pitiful I see no reason for this classes existance - a rogue would be better (though refer to questions #3 and #1 as well).

3. Does the Death attack of the Assassin and the Sneak attack of the Blackguard work exactly as a Sneak attack of a Rogue? In otherwords do you have to be invisible or in the Shadows or actually backstabing while in combat? Additionally will those opponents that are immune to a Rogue's Sneak attack be immune to each of these attacks?

4. Does the Blackguard's summon increase in power with an increase in level for either of the two types of summoning? For the undead summon is this the same as the cleric level 3 Animate dead or the cleric level 6 Create undead (or something else - it couldn't possibly be Create Greater Undead)? For the Fiend summon what type of spell are we talking about (I'd soil myself if it was Gate)? I assume that both cannot be summoned at the same time, is this assumption wrong?

5. How does the Summon Shadow ability for the Shadow Dancer level-up? In otherwords at what level is there an increase in the Shadow's strength and what is the increase?

6. What is the power level-up like on the Shadow Evade option for the Shadow Dancer?

7. Once in combat will a character with at least one level of Shadow Dancer be able to "hide in plane site" by simply clicking on the Hide button again so that you can attempt another sneak attack (i.e. essentially effectuating quaffing an invisibility potion after each Sneak attack - though not taking the round to do it)?

I'm sure there are other questions to be had here, please feel free to add aditional questions not answered in the manual.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote