Old 08-20-2003, 04:10 PM   #13
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Heatmiser:
Cerek-
Nice job with Desther
To answer your trivia question:
"YEEEHAA!! Jester's dead!!" Anthony Edwards as Goose in Top Gun.
DING! DING! DING! We have a WINNER!!! That was one of my favorite movies, but when E.R. first came on TV, it took me almost 3 months to figure out what movie I had seen Anthony Edwards in (and I saw Top Gun 4 times in 2 weeks when it came out) [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Heatmiser:
Desther is MUCH easier if you kill off the 5 ritual zombies first. Then my monk and Linu knocked him off with little difficulty.
I finally figured that out. I also figured out that it is MUCH easier to just run up and bash them rather than trying to damage them with spells. After Red Tiger and I had locked ourselves in the side room for a breather, I healed us back to full health and opened the door. I was hoping Desther had returned to the room with the R.C.'s, but of course he hadn't. Since he was right there, I decided to see if I could do any damage to him...naturally, I couldn't. I was afraid to just turn my back on him and attack the Ritual Creatures, but I soon realized that I was going to have to do that in order to have any hope of surviving. Luckily, Desther abandoned his spells and kept chasing me, trying to hit me with his mace - which he wasn't nearly as skilled with as he was with his spells.

Anyway, I'll be doing a re-run of Helm's Hold only because I need to go back to Neverwinter and pick up the two quest items I found for Red Tiger and Linu. This time, I will try the Hold with Linu to help with the undead. Now that I know how to defeat Desther, I shouldn't miss the extra melee strength Red Tiger provides. Besides, he was dead long before I attacked the Ritual Creatures, so I know I can defeat Desther solo if I have to.