View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 02:40 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Originally posted by Nerull:
Quote:
I wouldn't call it an exploit. It is a natural part of the 3rd edition rules. Also, remember that it bumps up the slot needed for the spell by 4 levels (i.e. a quickened Magic Missle fills up a 5th level spell slot (1st level normal + 4 more for the quickening)). This is a lot of levels to move a spell up. Yes, eventually you can have a few quickened magic missiles memorized, but you are giving up 5th level spells to have them. It all evens out.
Nah mate, I'm talking of the quicken exploit and it *IS* a recognised exploit that Bioware have acknowledged. It does not adhere to the 3E rules at all - spells are cast successively and at the fastest rate possible...I won't explain it in depth here as I have a hard enough time as it is trying to curtail it's use online. Alot of mages who are new to the game are actually taught this by friends and take it as a natural and legal use of the rules. From what I've heard they're fixing it though either in this patch or the next...I hope so anyways.