Thread: Tomi the thief
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2002, 06:54 PM   #12
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Jak M:
When I played a sorceror came to a chest that looks like it may be trapped, for example it is in a guarded room, I just cast Melf's Acid Arrow on it and eventually it blows up and I can get to the contents unscathed. But if you play a magic user, you should be able to get a familiar to do the rougue work for you, althought usually I'm a bit to lazy to summon it every time I see a chest...

Actually, I'm using the pixie with my sorcerer, and after a few levels (I'm only level 8 right now), the pixie holds its own. It is awesome with traps and locks, and does get a sneak attack in combat. Also, if you talk to it and choose "feed familiar" it heals all of its health back. Just do this every time it gets injured and it will stay indefinitely (it even sticks around and heals with you when you rest). When you rest like that, it refills the summon familiar "spell" for you, but keeps the other one around, allowing you to summon it again if it gets killed for some reason.

[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote