View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 12:52 AM   #15
trist007
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok I will avoid alt-tab. One thing I noticed, if I reinstall the game, I get to see the intro movie, but right after the window minimizes to the desktop. If I try running it again after the first time, the window minimizes right after I double-click on the shortcut. I guess it's cause the INTROOFF.DAT file wasn't created until after the first attempt. Either way, I was never prompted for a selection in resolution and graphics acceleration. I will email you a copy of my install.txt log file. Anyhow, the salient points are as follows:

General-Advanced

[Checked]
File is ready for archiving
For fast searching, allow Indexing Service to index this file

[Unchecked]
Compress contents to save disk space
Encrypt contents to secure data

Shortcut-Advanced

[Checked]
Run in separate memory space

[Unchecked]
Run with different credentials

Compatibility all settings

[Checked]
Run this progam in compatibility mode for win95
Run in 640x480 screen resolution

[Unchecked]
Run in 256 colors
Disable visual themes
Turn off advanced text services for this program

As for the Deep6 program, it is 2.19mb and the file was created on sat, august 26, 2000 at 6:27:20 AM. I bought this game off ebay. The cd case is by XPLOSIV. I have not installed the patch yet.

I will send you a copy of my install.txt log file via email. I'm unfamiliar with windows event viewer, could you hit me off with a few pointers on that? I really appreciate this. Even if we don't resolve the issue, I'm learning alot about utilizing win xp. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-16-2005, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: trist007 ]
trist007 is offline   Reply With Quote