View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 11:00 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmmm... I hate to say it, but I think there's something more to the mix. I *KNOW* that I have had one portal per spellcaster per area... or six total portals per area.

What you haven't mentioned, Robalex, is who you cast the portal on. What I do as a practice is to have the caster create portal on themself. Then, when they teleport, they cast teleport on themself. And when I do that, I get up to six portals per area.

Now, one caveat to mention: I play patched. I don't know if that has an impact on it or not.

I will also say that it sounds like you've taken a Radek-like approach to your experiments I have not created a portal with one character, created another one with the second, left the second at the inn, and caused the first to teleport. And in just typing that, it reminded me of something... from MM7, I think [img]smile.gif[/img] The character's position may also matter (as opposed to the character). IOW, if your male warlock is in the first character slot, the portal may be associated with that slot, and not with the character. If he moves to another slot, he may "lose" his portal, but "regain" it when he moves back to that slot.

I'd be interested in hearing some more experimentation, and if I get a chance, I'll do some as well.

And Nanobyte.... keep that Moon Magic to yourself [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote