View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 04:03 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Thanks. I already know who is going to be my warlock. My wizard will be it, but the only problem is that when I asked my question about what will happen if I switch, I got a bit confused. Right now, my wizard has level 7 spells in stone and level 7 spells in sun. He's at level 12. If I switch to warlock, I know that I won't get any new abilities points till level 13, but I can add 1 attribute point at each level up. I'd gladly do that since I'd also get fiend and moon craft that way. However, if I do that, I don't know what will happen with my current stone and sun spells. Will I still be able to cast them? Will I still be able to learn new spells at each level up before level 13? If yes, then I'll be making my wizard a warlock right away .
Okay, let me see if I can de-mystify.

Once you learn a spell, you can cast it forever. Doesn't matter what your class is, nor whether you can learn that school of spell. Once you're in, you're in for life.

Now, when you switch classes and level up, you won't get any new points for your attributes, which are STR, INT, and so on. At least, you won't for a while unless your character is really pathetic. You will get one point for skills -- enchanting, blessing, sun, moon, and so on -- until you exceed your old level. You can use those points to increase bless and enchant, but I think that's a waste -- train those skills up instead.

When you level up, you can still learn spells subject to the rule of 1/2 -- 1/2 your actual level and spell school level max in any non-native spell school. That doesn't apply to Warlocks, since all spells are native, but it applies to everyone else.

In a nutshell, go ahead and give it a shot. There are no wrong answers in W&W... except for the ones that the Sphinx doesn't want [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote