View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 04:17 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okay....

In general, I think the denizens of the Gael Serran behave a lot like crash test dummies [img]smile.gif[/img]

They move on to their objective (you), and never shirk from their task, no matter the odds. I'd almost prefer a little Fallout-style play, where if they're too close to dead, they start to run away. Can you imagine having to chase Haleabus around Shurugeon Castle to finish him off? Granted, that could get very annoying very quickly, but I think the concept of morale (wow, with one spell this wizard decimated half my buddies! Think I'd better leave...) would be very worthwhile.

They are not very intelligent. I would imagine that a creature, say a salad, nearing its deathbed would breathe its noxious fumes as often as it could. I mean, do you say, "naw, I'm not going to cast another flamedrop. Heck, that'd be six in a row... I want to keep 'em guessing"? I think not. I suspect you find a spell or attack that works, and you keep doing it.

Imagine if you got into a safe spot, say on the walls of Shurugeon Castle. Might not some goblin decide to climb those walls as well? There would be a challenge...

So, from an evolutionary perspective... they're far behind us. We can do so much more, and so more effectively. Pity we have to go to these mere mortals for training and such...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote