View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 01:23 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, free!!!

I have long learned to ignore most reviewers or at the very least take their reviews with a huge grain of salt. One of my friends used to write for Computer Gaming World. She was no longer with them when W&W came out but had an online game magazine for a while and published her review of W&W there. It was not kind. I talked to her on the phone around Christmas after the release of W&W and since we end up talking almost completely about games, we eventually got around to talking about W&W. In her review, she had slammed the game but in our conversation I could tell that she actually ended up having a lot of fun with the game. Perhaps if she had waited longer, played the game longer before writing her review it might have been a lot more favorable.
Those of us who have played this game repeatedly know very well that there are bugs and things that could have been improved. Given that they rushed this game to market and were not able to complete it as they had hoped/planned they managed to provide a very enjoyable game that has withstood replaying a lot better than many games that were not fashioned under the same handicaps.

It is always a good idea to give a game a chance, a decent chance to show you what it really has. If it still isn't your cup of tea, you can ditch it and find something that is.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote