View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 04:02 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

Here are my complaints:
1. Unability to rest. This forces you to travel in the night when you see nothing. I consider it a sign of wisdom not to enter dangerous areas in the night and wait for daylight when you can see problems hasting to meet you.
2. Losing quests "on fly". An example: killing Xydusa is the fourth Temple quest. But you will meet Xydusa even if you do not have the quest and, most likely, you will fight her and kill her. Doing this = losing the ability to gain the quest = retarding your party in the Temple ranks.
3. Losing opporunities to train. When you are training in the guilds, you have to return after every leveling up and train. Otherwise, you are losing the right to train for this leveling up.
4. Unability to set a base somewhere. I mean a place where you can store your items. We have to bypass the unability by keepong "mules" in the inn. Ability to set a base should be a standard feature of any good CRPG because you will always have more useful items than you need for a current mission. You should have a possibility to store your temporary unneeded equipment somewhere.

On the other hand, I cannot agree with some complaints above.
1. The Arcade factor. Right, W&W isn't Prince of Persia. Or, rather, it should not be. But - the worse "arcade" is the drawbridge puzzle in the Skull Castle. I think the other "arcades" can be survived easily.
2. Falling into lava. This cannot be considered a flaw. Lava is aways a dangerous place. You should make some preparations - and you can do it (Lavawalk) - and/or you should save the game and move carefully.
3. ID Item. In fact, I would agree and not only for W&W. I consider the ID Item harassment a nonsense. But it is a common harassment in any game. I think the ID Item in W&W belongs to the most acceptable ID Item implementations. Compare with BG2 for example! Therefore, let us sigh: "oh, well, as usual..." and don't consider it a flaw.
4. The portals. I think we should be thankful that we have one portal on every map [img]smile.gif[/img]