View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 03:44 PM   #55
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Thank you for your participation, Loumistro. So you say that the traits and the actual effects of the traits have been programmed into the game. That is at least a start. The only problem is then finding out whether or not they have been linked to any occurence in the game and thus are achievable. I believe the possibility should be there. After all it was a chance occurence that somebody left the naga alive in the first place and was then able to get the snakeskin trait. So perhaps we are just waiting for our lucky break.

Yes, I would really like to know how you "cheat" the traits onto the characters, Loumistro. [img]smile.gif[/img] Although I will of course still be hunting for ways to gain the traits in a "legitimate" way. After all the hunt is the inspiring part. Although I think you could very well be right in your assumption that some traits are only there for the hacking. But then again you say that you might have got some of the traits in the "legitimate" way.

I have been thinking more about finding the traits in the text in the "fabric" of the game. What prompted this thought was reading this topic by Xignal. And the idea that I got was that perhaps the texts that appear (or were meant to appear) in the message box could tell us something about where the traits were to be gained from. Just the slightest bit could in that respect prove helpful. For example if we were to find a text bit that would say "Firebrand trait acquired" we would know that this trait was not meant to be purchased in a guild, since those kinds of messages do not appear when traits are bought in a town.

Any thoughts?

[ 10-22-2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]