View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 05:17 AM   #17
Radek
Red Dragon

I have never experienced any problems with spells - and I am casting spells often. For example, Leprechaun. I am getting him by Incinerate and Lightning. Spell after spell but no freezing. I've never experienced freezing during the fight with Leprechaun. Also, I've never seen any freezing in the Shurugeon Castle ("mortals, I have you now"). All 8 (or 10?) spirits there are casting spells simultaneously without freezing the game.
If the game freezes then it always freezes unexpectedly without any apparent reason with a few exceptions:
- Elysia
- If the game tries to do much actions simultaneouslsy (sometimes! not always!).
It seems to be a problem with the scheduler in the game. Also, we must not overlook DirectX and Win**** in general. Here is my experience:
I had always problems with installation of W&W. When the installation ended and the computer restarted, I've always got a critical crash during startup and the "you need to reinstall your operating system, etc." message. Well, I didn't need to reinstall. A reset button sufficed and both the Win**** and the game run.
Recently, some game installed "the latest DirectX" on my computer and my other games stop to run. I downloaded the DirectX remover from the web and uninstalled "the latest DirectX". Heh?!? When I installed W&W, I got NO crash! Not even any error message! In the other words, something somewhere in the DirectX is guilty of the crashes.
As far as hardware is concerned, I am using a beggar level computer (from the point of view of contemporary computers): PIII, 550 MHz, 128 MB RAM, fast 13GB disc and 32 MB Riva TNT2 Ultra video - and I have no problems with running W&W.