View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 07:44 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Eh? Is it possible? I must try it sometimes. Here are results of my investiagtions of the Vanish spell:

1. You can vanish
- through the grate separating Bilbump and the Tomb Area in the Valeia Crypt. Therefore, you can deal the Crypt in a really short way
- from the Spire region to the closed area with the backdoor to the Boogre Prison.
- through the pass between the Spire and the Brimloch Roon East area.
- from the Brimloch Roon West area to the area behind the Anephas Shrine.
- from the Brimloch Roon West area to the closed area with Leprechaun's treasure.
- Anephas Shrine: to the room with another Anephas lounging on the ground.

2. You cannot vanish
- The pyramid. The vanish spell cast on yourself always fails, nevertheless, you can vanish your enemies.
- Boogre Prison: If you enter it through the backdoor then all your spells, including the Vanish spell, will fail until you reach some point in it. I do suspect the game that your spells will fail there until you trigger S'Keser'Da somehow. It seems to suffice if you hear "hee hee hee" and run away.
- Boogre Prison: you cannot vanish through the trigger of the teleporting maze. If you come through the backdoor then all your spells will fail on your first entering the maze. Later on, the trigger will catch you, even if you try to vanish through it, and teleport you to some place inside the maze.

3. To be investigated [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Bypassing the Spire dungeon as proposed by Willow [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Vanishing Xydusa?! This would be a score if you could vanish it away (perhaps, repeatedly) and solve the problem "Get Snakeskin Trait" this simple way Let us note that Xydusa isn't immune to Moon Magic: Icestorm works even if it does not work so good as Firestorm of Meteorstorm.