View Single Post
Old 09-02-2002, 12:21 AM   #9
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

Hi, Packrat. We're talking about the same room. I was using the room numbers that are in the strategy guide diagram, which numbers them from left to right as you're looking at your automap, not as you're facing the coin slot. This is why people should be clear when they say something like "left to right," as there's more than one way you could mean that. Of course, this still doesn't jive up the guide's saying that the idol will be found in the 4th cell, which, the way you and, I guess, Volberding are counting, would be the 3rd cell. And, of course, which cell the idol's found in and which combinations open which doors is trivial compared to giving players some idea of how to open them. Thanks for the hot tip about the treasure in the belfry, but I don't think I'll bother with that. These characters are such klutzes compared to, say, Copper in Lands of Lore III. A couple questions, though . . . is that "walking backwards" a trick to get into tight places, like in that underwater tunnel just past the Unholy Filth? I've never been able to get in there after killing it, but I think I can just type in those replies when the time comes, right? And what's the deal with those ale kegs with the spigots on them in the Serpent Temple? I wasn't able to do anything with those. Just curious.
Sig Segorn is offline   Reply With Quote