View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 11:34 AM   #61
tater
Dungeon Master

Absinthe has never bitten anyone in her life. She's a total sweetheart. Loves everybody. Of the four ferrets I've owned, two never bit anyone, one had a habit of nipping my toes, never hard enough to draw blood, and one crawled up under my nightshirt once and gave me a nipple piercing. Only time he ever bit me. I still have no idea why.

Ferrets have as wide a variety of personalities as humans, some are friendlier than others. Also, how they deal with people depends a lot on how they're handled when they're young. They play rough as kits, and if you're not careful how you break them of play biting, they end up fear biting as adults.

The name is part of a tradition. It all started with a dog the color of whiskey. So she got named Whiskey. Since then, every pet I have owned has been named for an achoholic beverage. The current crop are Absinthe the ferret and Moonshine the cat.

And I long ago got into the habit of naming game characters after the pets, so a lot of my gaming parties end up looking like a bar list.

Think I should stick the next pet with Boogre Brew? [img]smile.gif[/img]